Winter time rolls around and baths tend to get put on the back burner, Its cold out and no one really wants to get cold and wet. The weather here in the desert is warming up and that means baths for my very stinky dogs. I was approached by RELIQ Mineral Spa Shampoo for Dogs to do a product review, and we are more then happy to review and test out this Shampoo and really put it to the test with my very smelly dogs.
RELIQ (pronounced: [rel-ik]) is derived from the word “Relic” meaning ancient wisdom and updated with “IQ” to reflect the adaptation of smart technology as a new, modern solution. The RELIQ pet line was created after discovering a special mineral found in volcanic regions. Combining this mineral with cutting edge nanotechnology enables the products to be extremely effective in cleaning pet’s skin and coat as well as follicle maintenance. Reliq pet shampoo moisturizes and softens the skin as well so there is no need to buy a shampoo and conditioner. There is No enzymes, No alcohol, No paraben, and No fragrances.
The Science Behind Reliq
- Nano Volcanic Minerals RELIQ nano tech cleaning agents are derived from the deposits of weathered volcanic ash, a medicinal powdered clay which had been called the Living Clay, of Healing Clay by the ancient American Indians. It has enormous absorbent powers due to the constitution of its micro molecules. It literally “drinks” oils, toxic substances, and impurities from the skin. Its toning action stimulates the skin by bringing fresh blood to damaged skin cells, revitalizing the complexion, and tightening pores. This magic ingredient is marvelous for helping to clear problem skin and the unwanted odor problem. (Fleas and ticks are naturally irritated by the volcanic material)
- pH Balance All of the RELIQ Dog shampoos are formulated with a pH between 7.3 to 7.6. That is perfect for your lovely four legged friends cause the pH of dog’s skin is about 7.5.
- Advanced Molecular technology RELIQ uses an unique cutting edge molecular technology for odor decomposition. The reaction is achieved when combined with a properly balanced light energy. The reaction forces the harmful microorganisms or odor molecules to be oxidized and decomposed into harmless CO2 (carbon dioxide) and H2O (water) instantly, thus effectively remove the odor generated from secretions and build-up on skin and paws.
- RELIQ’s pet odor solution is the only product with a pH 7.0 level unharmful to pets and eco friendly to the environment.
- Lab tests confirm RELIQ’s effectiveness against microbe causing skin allergies and hot spots. Its been proven better and more effective than any oatmeal, tea tree or enzyme formula for itching, scratching, and hot spots.
How Reliq worked for us
Goose was the first to get his bath he has been to the Salt River three days in a row now and has rolled in horse poop, sand, and grass so he was very fragrant in all the wrong ways. I used the Jasmine sample pack on him. I used all the shampoo out of the pack, but he is a bit fluffier being an Australian Shepherd. The shampoo was very fragrant and had a wonderful smell, it was nice cause it over powered the wet dog smell which I normally don’t encounter with pet shampoos. RELIQ pet shampoo lathed very well too, and I love when shampoo lathers! It was then time to rinse, and I was pleased with how well the shampoo rinsed out. I dried him with a towel and let him air dry. When he was completely dry I gave him a good brush. Then the sniff test… he smelled wonderful! I can not describe enough how good he smelled. But the true test will all things is will it last! I’m very happy to say its been almost a week and he is still smelling like jasmine, it has faded but the sent is still there. I also have to add his fur is extra silky and soft!
Sheba and Dante had very similar results like Goose. I tried Lavender on Sheba and Rosemary on Dante, both had the same desired effect with the fragrance over powering the wet dog smell it was so soothing and relaxing when washing all the dogs it was like aroma therapy. With Sheba and Dante’s coats they are much are much shorter then Goose’s so they lathered and rinsed very well, the easy rinse, and tear free formula washed out effortlessly. I’m happy to announce that after a week they both still smell great too! I did take note to Dante, he dose have very sensitive skin and does get seasonal allergies, but the RELIQ pet shampoo it hydrated his skin and coat with no oily residue. I haven’t seen him itch or scratch at all and that is huge for him cause he is always biting at him self or itching. No more because each bottle is packed with nutients such as vitamin E and Pro-vitamin B5 along with olive oil PEG-7 for exceptional conditioning.
Over all I’m extremely satisfied with RELIQ Pet Shampoo. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a dog who might be extra stinky or has the classic (yeasty) smell to them, or even dogs with skin allergies or aliments such as hot spots,hair loss, tear stains and dry flaky skin.
(Disclaimer: I was provided a free product in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own and are not influenced by the developing company, and/or its affiliates, in any way.)